Tucson DUI Defense Lawyer
Arrested for Drunk or Drugged Driving in Tucson? Call (520) 412-4707!
If you have been arrested for a DUI in Tucson, you need to retain an attorney as soon as possible. At Mulembo Law PLLC, former prosecutor Tamara Mulembo has the skills and the experience to passionately fight for your rights and protect your future. Our Tucson DUI lawyer is ready to take on your case and will be with you every step of the way.
What Happens After a DUI in Arizona?
After being arrested for a DUI in Tucson or elsewhere in Southern Arizona, you have the right to remain silent, and you should exercise that right. You should not answer any questions, and you should not sign anything unless your attorney is present. Don't talk to anyone at all until you have the opportunity to speak to your DUI defense attorney.
Types of DUI Charges in Arizona
In Arizona, there are three main types of DUI charges:
- Impaired or per se DUIs (blood alcohol concentration is .08 to .149%)
- Extreme DUIs (BAC is .15 or .199%)
- Super Extreme DUIs (BAC of .20% or higher)
The difference in each DUI charge upon conviction could add thousands of dollars more to fines and weeks more for a minimum jail sentence. DUI charges can be complex, and the penalties from a conviction could severe. At Mulembo Law PLLC, our Tucson DUI lawyer can help you fight your charges. We can work to have your DUI charges reduced or dismissed, and we can also fight to have your license suspension or revocation reversed.
What Can a DUI Lawyer Do For You in Arizona?
A DUI (Driving Under the Influence) lawyer in Arizona plays a critical role in defending individuals charged with DUI offenses.
Here's what a DUI lawyer can do for you in Arizona:
- Understanding Arizona DUI Laws: Arizona has some of the toughest DUI laws in the country. A DUI lawyer can help you understand these specific laws, the charges against you, and the potential penalties you could face.
- Representation in Court: A DUI lawyer will represent you in court proceedings, advocating on your behalf and making sure your side of the story is heard.
- Case Evaluation and Strategy Development: An Arizona DUI lawyer will evaluate the specifics of your case, including the evidence against you, and develop a strategy for your defense. This could involve challenging the legality of the traffic stop, the administration of field sobriety tests, or the accuracy of breathalyzer or blood test results.
- Negotiating Plea Deals or Sentence Reductions: If appropriate, your lawyer may negotiate with the prosecutor to reduce your charges or penalties. This can often result in lesser charges or reduced sentences.
- Assistance with License Suspension Hearings: In addition to criminal proceedings, a DUI arrest typically triggers a separate administrative proceeding with the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division to determine whether your driving privileges should be suspended. Your lawyer can represent you in this proceeding and work to help you maintain your driving privileges.
- Support and Guidance: The process of dealing with a DUI charge can be stressful and confusing. Your lawyer can provide support and guidance throughout the process, helping you to understand your options and make informed decisions.
Remember, every DUI case is unique, and the success of your defense will depend on the specifics of your situation and the skills of your attorney. It's important to consult with our qualified Arizona DUI lawyer to discuss your case and explore your legal options.
Contact a Trial-Tested Tucson DUI Attorney Today
If you are facing DUI charges, do not wait to retain an attorney. The sooner you hire an attorney, the sooner you can get your driver's license reinstated. With Tamara Mulembo, you can know you're getting an advocate who is a fighter, someone who will fight for you with integrity and without tiring. When you need to get back in the driver seat, both literally and figuratively, she can help you start calling the shots again for your future. Get a zealous, experienced legal advocate on your side today.
Call our Tucson DUI lawyer at (520) 412-4707 as soon as possible so we can get started on discussing your defense.