Tucson Violent Crimes Lawyer
Defending Against Violent Crime Charges in Arizona
At Mulembo Law PLLC, we safeguard your rights and advocate for your best interests regarding cases involving violent crimes in Arizona. We understand the gravity of such charges and are committed to providing legal representation to help you navigate these complex legal matters. Our experienced team of attorneys deeply understands the Arizona legal system, ensuring that you receive top-notch counsel and the best possible outcome for your case.
Call Mulembo Law PLLC today at (520) 412-4707 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our violent crimes attorney in Tucson!
Violent Crime Cases We Handle in Southern Arizona
We can take on cases including but not limited to:
- Assault & battery
- Aggravated assault
- Domestic violence
- Homicide / Murder
We can help you protect your rights and future and challenge the evidence against you, ensuring your rights are protected. Attorney Tamara Mulembo is selective about the clients she accepts so that her caseload is never overfilled. She ensures that each client she represents gets her full attention, resources, and the benefit of her nearly two decades of extensive legal experience.
What are the Penalties for Violent Crimes in Arizona?
Penalties for violent crimes in Arizona vary significantly based on the specific offense, the circumstances, and the defendant's criminal history. In Tucson, the legal system takes a tough stance on violent crimes, often resulting in severe consequences. Some of the potential penalties you might face include:
- Jail or Prison Time: Depending on the crime, you may be sentenced to a term of incarceration ranging from a few months to many years.
- Fines: Violent crime convictions may lead to substantial fines, which can significantly burden you.
- Probation: In some cases, the court may impose probation terms, including restrictions on your activities and mandatory counseling or anger management classes.
- Restitution: You might be ordered to compensate the victim for any damages or losses they suffered due to the crime.
- Criminal Record: A violent crime conviction can result in a permanent criminal record, affecting your future employment prospects and personal life.
- Loss of Civil Rights: Certain convictions may result in the loss of the right to possess firearms or other civil rights.
- Enhanced Penalties: Arizona law provides enhanced penalties for crimes committed with certain aggravating factors, such as using a deadly weapon or the victim's age.
Defenses Against Violent Crime Charges
When facing allegations of violent crimes in Arizona, it is crucial to have a strong defense strategy in place. At Mulembo Law PLLC, our experienced attorneys will explore various legal defenses to help protect your rights and challenge the prosecution's case. Some common defenses against violent crime charges include:
- Self-Defense: If you acted in self-defense or defense of others, we can argue that your actions were justified.
- Mistaken Identity: We can challenge the accuracy of witness testimony or evidence to show that you were wrongly identified as the perpetrator.
- Lack of Intent: In some cases, we can demonstrate that you did not have the necessary intent to commit the crime.
- Alibi: Providing evidence that you were not present at the crime scene when it occurred can be a strong defense.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If evidence was acquired unlawfully, we can seek to exclude it from the case.
- Inadequate Evidence: We can scrutinize the prosecution's case to identify weaknesses, inconsistencies, or insufficient evidence.
Contact Our Tucson Violent Crimes Attorney Today
If you face violent crime charges in Arizona, the consequences can be severe and life-altering. At Mulembo Law PLLC, we are committed to providing you with the legal representation and support you need to protect your rights and secure the best possible outcome for your case. Our team will navigate the complex legal landscape on your behalf, offering a robust defense and guiding you through the legal process. We understand the challenges you are facing, and we are here to help you every step of the way.
Contact Mulembo Law PLLC today to schedule a meeting with our violent crimes lawyer in Tucson!